Changes from 0.3.0 to 0.4.0¶
Fixed issues with running on Windows
Enforcing Python v3.5+ for installation
Allowing higher versions of cdflib, pandas, and xarray
Added CLI configuration for setting server address and token
Metadata for source lineage is now easier to access (names of original ESA data files, details of models used, and filters applied). These are set as properties of
data) and as metadata (
.attrs) in the
data.sources data.magnetic_models data.range_filters ds = data.as_xarray() ds.Sources ds.MagneticModels ds.RangeFilters
Added access to collections
Added auxiliary data
F107which is the hourly F10.7 value. This is in addition to
F10_INDEXwhich was already present, which is a daily average.
Added possibility of accessing multiple collections simultaneously, e.g.:
Added optional “expansion” of dataframes with:
This expands columns which contain vectors (e.g.
B_NEC) into separate columns named like:
B_NEC_C. This is recommended so that numpy operations will work on the columns. The default is
expand=Falseto preserve the older behaviour.
Changes from v0.2.6 to 0.3.0¶
- Service officially open to public through self-registration on https://vires.services
- Token-based authentication added
Changes from v0.2.5 to 0.2.6¶
- New model composition behaviour is implemented, extending what is possible with the
viresclient.SwarmRequest.set_products()(with backwards compatibility). See demo in https://github.com/smithara/viresclient_examples/blob/master/model_residuals_and_cartopy.ipynb
- New method
viresclient.SwarmRequest.get_model_info()to fetch model details from server.
viresclient.SwarmRequest.available_models()is updated with these details.
- New parameters in TEC collections:
- New parameters in auxiliaries:
- The auxiliary
Kpis now provided as the proper Kp value, and
Kp10is provided with the old behaviour with the value of Kp*10.
- Updated dependency on cdflib to v0.3.9, and xarray to allow both v0.10.x and v0.11.x.
Changes from v0.2.4 to 0.2.5¶
- EFI collections have changed from
SW_OPER_EFIx_LP_1B, with different measurement variables
- Added support for user-defined models by providing a .shc file path as the
viresclient.SwarmRequest.set_products(). Model evaluations and residuals will then be returned, named as “Custom_Model”, in the same way as other models behave.
- Added alternative input start and end times as ISO-8601 strings to
- Minor bug fixes
Changes from v0.2.1 to v0.2.4¶
- Added models CHAOS-6-MMA-Primary and CHAOS-6-MMA-Secondary
Changes from v0.2.0 to v0.2.1¶
Improved performance of pandas and xarray loading from cdf.
viresclient.SwarmRequest.get_between()to override the default maximum number of records in each request. Use this if a request is failing with a server error that the maximum allowable number of records has been exceeded - but this means that there is probably duplicate data on the server (old and new versions), so check the data that gets returned:data = request.get_between(start_time, end_time, nrecords_limit=3456000) ds = data.as_xarray() # Identify negative time jumps np.where(np.diff(ds["Timestamp"]).astype(float) < 0) # e.g [2519945, 5284745, 5481414] for i in [2519945, 5284745, 5481414]: print(ds.isel(Timestamp=i)) # Length of day should be 86400 ds.sel(Timestamp='2014-02-02')
viresclient.SwarmRequest.get_between()to override the default temporary file directory. The default is selected automatically according to https://docs.python.org/3/library/tempfile.html#tempfile.mkstemp (usually /tmp). This may not be suitable when fetching large amounts of data as some machines may have limited space available in /tmp or there may be a higher performance or preferred location.
Changes from v0.1.0 to v0.2.0¶
- Now use
- Added references to .available_collections() and .available_models().
- User credentials are automatically stored in a configuration file
- Downloads are streamed to temporary files instead of being held in memory.
- Any size request is now supported. Large requests are automatically chunked up.
- Added download progress bar indicating size in MB.
- xarray added as a dependency and