Changes from v0.2.6 to 0.3.0¶
- Service officially open to public through self-registration on https://vires.services
- Token-based authentication added
Changes from v0.2.5 to 0.2.6¶
- New model composition behaviour is implemented, extending what is possible with the
viresclient.SwarmRequest.set_products()(with backwards compatibility). See demo in https://github.com/smithara/viresclient_examples/blob/master/model_residuals_and_cartopy.ipynb
- New method
viresclient.SwarmRequest.get_model_info()to fetch model details from server.
viresclient.SwarmRequest.available_models()is updated with these details.
- New parameters in TEC collections:
- New parameters in auxiliaries:
- The auxiliary
Kpis now provided as the proper Kp value, and
Kp10is provided with the old behaviour with the value of Kp*10.
- Updated dependency on cdflib to v0.3.9, and xarray to allow both v0.10.x and v0.11.x.
Changes from v0.2.4 to 0.2.5¶
- EFI collections have changed from
SW_OPER_EFIx_LP_1B, with different measurement variables
- Added support for user-defined models by providing a .shc file path as the
viresclient.SwarmRequest.set_products(). Model evaluations and residuals will then be returned, named as “Custom_Model”, in the same way as other models behave.
- Added alternative input start and end times as ISO-8601 strings to
- Minor bug fixes
Changes from v0.2.1 to v0.2.4¶
- Added models CHAOS-6-MMA-Primary and CHAOS-6-MMA-Secondary
Changes from v0.2.0 to v0.2.1¶
Improved performance of pandas and xarray loading from cdf.
viresclient.SwarmRequest.get_between()to override the default maximum number of records in each request. Use this if a request is failing with a server error that the maximum allowable number of records has been exceeded - but this means that there is probably duplicate data on the server (old and new versions), so check the data that gets returned:data = request.get_between(start_time, end_time, nrecords_limit=3456000) ds = data.as_xarray() # Identify negative time jumps np.where(np.diff(ds["Timestamp"]).astype(float) < 0) # e.g [2519945, 5284745, 5481414] for i in [2519945, 5284745, 5481414]: print(ds.isel(Timestamp=i)) # Length of day should be 86400 ds.sel(Timestamp='2014-02-02')
viresclient.SwarmRequest.get_between()to override the default temporary file directory. The default is selected automatically according to https://docs.python.org/3/library/tempfile.html#tempfile.mkstemp (usually /tmp). This may not be suitable when fetching large amounts of data as some machines may have limited space available in /tmp or there may be a higher performance or preferred location.
Changes from v0.1.0 to v0.2.0¶
- Now use
- Added references to .available_collections() and .available_models().
- User credentials are automatically stored in a configuration file
- Downloads are streamed to temporary files instead of being held in memory.
- Any size request is now supported. Large requests are automatically chunked up.
- Added download progress bar indicating size in MB.
- xarray added as a dependency and