Changes from v0.2.0 to v0.2.1¶
Improved performance of pandas and xarray loading from cdf.
viresclient.SwarmRequest.get_between()to override the default maximum number of records in each request. Use this if a request is failing with a server error that the maximum allowable number of records has been exceeded - but this means that there is probably duplicate data on the server (old and new versions), so check the data that gets returned:data = request.get_between(start_time, end_time, nrecords_limit=3456000) ds = data.as_xarray() # Identify negative time jumps np.where(np.diff(ds["Timestamp"]).astype(float) < 0) # e.g [2519945, 5284745, 5481414] for i in [2519945, 5284745, 5481414]: print(ds.isel(Timestamp=i)) # Length of day should be 86400 ds.sel(Timestamp='2014-02-02')
viresclient.SwarmRequest.get_between()to override the default temporary file directory. The default is selected automatically according to https://docs.python.org/3/library/tempfile.html#tempfile.mkstemp (usually /tmp). This may not be suitable when fetching large amounts of data as some machines may have limited space available in /tmp or there may be a higher performance or preferred location.
Changes from v0.1.0 to v0.2.0¶
- Now use
- Added references to .available_collections() and .available_models().
- User credentials are automatically stored in a configuration file
- Downloads are streamed to temporary files instead of being held in memory.
- Any size request is now supported. Large requests are automatically chunked up.
- Added download progress bar indicating size in MB.
- xarray added as a dependency and